Accepting students nationwide for quality CDL training! Excellent job placement-OTR/local-Pell grant
Iowa Central Community College has delivered semi-truck driving students to the industry since 1971. As the industry needs have changed, so have we. We developed one of the longest training courses in the country to meet the demands of trucking companies looking for more skilled student drivers. A longer course with more time to train, helps ensure that you have the confidence to be a safer and more successful driver. Our students are in high demand-as can be seen with our excellent 99% placement rate (per 2015 PTDI reporting).
Your opportunities here at Iowa Central:
· Financial aid-Pell/Stafford loan- if you qualify for both, no money down!
· Other grants may be available to those that qualify
· GI bill approved
· Most companies offer tuition reimbursement
· Recruiter visits-to help you decide the best fit for you
· OTR and local jobs available-nationwide!
· 100% pass rate due to the extensive training you receive (per 2015 PTDI reporting)
· Newer model trucks
· Peterbuilts, Freightliners, Internationals, Volvos
· 9, 10, and 13 speeds
· New L3 Simulators (Transim V1) for different scenarios-dangerous situations without putting you or others in harm's way
· 100+ actual behind the wheel time
· Low instructor/student ratio
· Bus ticket to Iowa provided
· Housing available